GRATITUDE SALE 20% OFF + FREE SHIPPING (no minimum) and a free gift for every $100 spent
April 12, 2020
Avena sativa: Oatstraw
- Known for: Increasing strength and vitality of mind, body and spirit.
- Feels like: Soothing and strength-giving
- Experience in: Great base for light, flavorful herbs in tea! Also try in a bath!
Urtica dioica: Stinging Nettle
- Known for: High in nutrients and very bioavailable to the body.
- Feels like: Drying, nourishing, cleansing (makes you pee!)
- Experience in: Try as food (powdered as spice, or use in soup stock, also fresh pesto), or steep overnight with seaweed!
Enjoy in our Be Well Tea Blend
Hyssopus officinalis: Hyssop
- Known for: Nervine and respiratory support, drying mucus
- Feels like: Cleansing (induces sweating!), lung-opening
- Experience in: Great substitute for mint in meals (like in grain dishes), quite bitter - try in digestifs at home!
Plantago lanceolata: Plantain
- Known for: First-aid weed, anti-inflammatory, fellow species of psyllium (digestive support), stops itching and draws out toxins.
- Feels like: Mucilaginous (gooey), soothing
- Experience in: Great to add into herbal milks, stews and broth, wonderful for skin.
Melissa officinalis: Lemon Balm
- Known for: "Melissa" is Greek for "bee", stress relief, digestion support, and mental clarity.
- Feels like: Calming digestively and mentally, clarifying
- Experience in: Fantastic in vinegar, honey, oxymels (vinegar + honey), and tea.
Ocimum sanctum: Tulsi Kapoor (Holy Basil)
- Known for: Think of as the great protector: great for immune and digestive support, and inflammation.
- Feels like: Rejuvenating, balancing, calming and energizing
- Experience in: Ideal in tea, infusions, and syrups -- so tasty! Smells like bubblegum when we dry it at the farm!
Enjoy in our Stress Adapt Tea Blend
Leonorus cardiaca: Motherwort
- Known for: Supportive for stress and anxious thinking. Nourishing to nervous system without being sedative. No coincidence that "cardiac" is in the Latin name! Gladdens the heart.
- Feels like: Strength-giving during emotional ups and downs.
- Experience in: Tasty in oxymel (vinegar + honey) or just vinegar or honey.
Echinacea purpurea: Echinacea
- Known for: Immune-stimulating, treats colds at first sign of infection (both bacterial and viral), keeps lymph and stagnation flowing!
- Feels like: Numbing to tongue, saliva-increasing
- Experience in: Can apply internally or topically. Both root and aerial portions are great to use! Try blending with ginger and lemonade.
Try our Echinacea Tincture
Angelica archangelica: Angelica
- Known for: Digestive support and gas relief
- Feels like: Relieving, aromatizing, bitter
- Experience in: Gin recipes, digestifs, aperitifs, and mocktails
Enjoy in our Time to Unwind Tea Blend
- Body Into Balance, Maria Noel Groves
- Healing Wise, Susun S. Weed
- The Healing Kitchen, Holly Bellebuono
March 30, 2020
FOSTER FARM BOTANICALS
792 Foster Hill Road, East Calais, Vermont 05650
Phone: (802) 456-1590
Certified Organic by Vermont Organic Farmers (VOF)